I lost it at the end.
Okay, I had to check out the Van Eyck thing. I was a bit in denial because, come on, every single person can’t look like President Putin!
There are no words to describe how wrong I was.
Reblogging this for my art history class this semester
The art historian in me had to reblog this.
Sculptures Made From ‘Magnetic Clay’ by Jolan Van der Wiel
Magnets might hold mysterious appeal for some, but for Jolan Van der Wiel, they’re just another tool. For the past few years, the Dutch designer has been experimenting with magnetism to shape and create objects like violent looking stools and futuristic couture dresses.
His most recent investigation, Architecture Meets Magnetism, has led him to create a series of ceramic objects that look like Tim Burton got a hold of a kiln. Like Van der Wiel’s previous projects, this process begins by mixing metal with the core material. In this case, he created a slip (a mixture of clay and water) and added metallic powder like iron. The ratio is typically 90 percent clay, 10 percent metal. From there, he pipes this mixture through a nozzle, layering it on itself like icing on a cake. As the group of surrounding magnets take hold, the material is pulled into shape and dries like a spiky Hershey’s Kiss.
1) You’re empowering.
2) I like your voice.
3) You’re strong.
4) I think your ideas/beliefs matter.
5) I’m so happy you exist.
6) More people should be listening to what you have to say.
7) You’re a very warm hearted person.
8) It’s nice seeing such kindness.
9) You’re very down to earth.
10) You have a beautiful soul.
11) You inspire me to become a better person.
12) Our conversations bring me a lot of joy.
13) It’s good to see someone care so much.
14) You’re so understanding.
15) You matter a lot to me.
16) You’re important even if you don’t think so.
17) You’re intelligent.
18) Your passion is contagious.
19) Your confidence is refreshing.
20) You restore my faith in humanity.
21) You’re great at being creative.
22) You’re so talented at ____.
23) I don’t get tired of you the way I get tired of other people.
24) You have great taste in ___.
25) I’m happy I stayed alive long enough to meet you.
26) I wish more people were like you.
27) You’re so good at loving people."
— (via saintofsass)
If you want to help secure the rights of women all over the world go here.
If you want to help people from north korea go here.
If you want to help stop child labor go here.
If you want to help people escape from their current situation go here.
If you want to help refugees reunite with their families go here.
If you want to permanently help the people who are still living in inhumane conditions all over the globe, that grow up experiencing war, violence and discrimination, be political! Go vote, write articles, educate every single person you meet, never shut your mouth, make people aware of the fact that we are still far away from global equality, freedom and peace.
Please do not remove this caption, if you repost, link back to this post.
This is important.
THIS IS A REAL FEAR OF MINE
I think this is everyone’s fear. Hence the dilemma.